Saturday, May 24, 2008

Quiet Weekend....

Well...we finally got up to Fair Havens to 'open up our trailer'......normally we do that on the long weekend but because Don was sick last weekend we went today. It was absolutely beautiful there today...(as long as you didn't count the pesky mosquitoes!) I heard that last weekend everyone froze that went up there so this wasn't so bad at all,..except for the mosquitoes and that most of the people weren't there this weekend. .......oh, and also as I was driving down the highway (Don was studying his lesson for Monday night....I hear this little voice...'mom....I think I'm goin to throw up' ...as I'm quickly veering off onto the soft shoulder...Don's saying...'what did she say?'.....I'm barking...'get her out..she's going to throw up!'....so, she jumps out and proceeds to be sick....which, is good...outside of the van,...til I look at her and she's standing, bent over a bit, being sick, WITH THE WIND BLOWING IN HER FACE....need I say more....I quickly told Don to turn her in the opposite direction!!!! Good grief!
It is really weird in my house tonight.....only one child!!!!!.....the oldest three went away for the weekend to a youth retreat....and because we were going to be so long today, we put the dogs into the kennel and we don't get them back til tomorrow morning.....it is eerily quiet in this house....who ever thought that when you have nine kids that you'd ever experience a weekend like this!
Poor little Verity....Leslie called as we were leaving Fair Havens and Verity, who was supposed to have her birthday party today, had awakened at 3 a.m. being sick everywhere,.and was sick all day, developing a fever by this afternoon. Since Leslie had to stay with the new baby, James had to take Verity to the hospital........four hours later and we are still waiting to hear......................

No comments: