Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Good Laugh

So, being at the trailer, on my own with three teens is a trial and a half....since 2 of them are developmentally delayed and the other one just happens to be hormonal all over the place....there aren't too many opportunities to laugh, to be honest......but I must tell you about the hormonal one...she's been just hittin' the roof about everything the last few days, even to the point of yelling at the roll of paper towel to get out of her way! Well, today we got some rain and the 'dressing room' tent...where the girls keep their clothes and get changed (keeps a lot of teenage girl stuff out of our little trailer) got some water in it...so before program I told youngest teen to get a towel and go mop up any water....hormonal one skipped away cause she didn't want to do any work....I must backup at this point just to set the scene a little better...before supper I accidently burnt my little finger when I was lighting the stove,...and it hurt like the dicken's....I ate supper with it wraapped in a cold, wet piece of paper towel and then in a cold cup of water......anyways, it was Ben's and my turn to do the dishes and I said..'you'll have to wash Ben cause it'll hurt too much to put this in hot water'...he said 'sure'...well, hormonal one said...'well, are you going to be able to dry them?'...I said 'I'm not sure'........she says 'OH, THAT'S TOO BAD'.........Ben immediately says.....'that's alright mom, I'll do both'......so you get the idea...hormonal one +work= not going to happen. Anyways, go ahead to after the program, they all come back to the trailer....we had another shower while they were gone.....so this time I said to hormonal one....'check the tent before you go out with your friend for any water'...well, she clearly did not desire to do this and was going to skip out......unbeknownst to her...some water had collected on the awning......just as she got to the end of the awning....the breeze blew a bit....and the water from the awning ...dumped ....right... on top of her...........I laughed so hard that the tears were streaming down and I quickly had to get to the bathroom before I wet myself!..........for some reason she was not pleased at my seeing the humour in the situation......I couldn't help it...it just reminded me of a Nellie Olson incident on Little House on the Prairie........it was good to have a laugh.

No comments: