Friday, August 29, 2008

Just Desserts

Well, I finally did it! I took the girls shopping!!!!!! The son decided that there was no way that he wanted to stand around while girls tried on clothes, and tried on more clothes and tried on more clothes! So he stayed home, with the dogs and watched t.v.,..he definitely thought he got the better deal. I did buy him a pair of jeans, two long sleeved shirts and a belt, so he was happy....daughter #1 got a pair of jeans and a pair of casual pants and underwear, daughter #2 got a pair of jeans and 4 tops and daughter #3 got 3 new tops, a hooded, zippered jacket, and a new hair cut! So, that's me done shopping for awhile,..although daughter #3 grew like a weed the last few months so I really have to find her jeans. Unfortunately, even though she's 5'3", she's only 85 lbs. with no hips...so the pants that would fit her leg length you could fit three of her in.....sigh. My days of having that problem were way back in 1970...so long ago they're like a dream! Second oldest daughter decided to brave the shopping extravaganza and came along for moral support and a younger opinion...fortunately for her just as we finished up sweet boyfriend came along and rescued her!

So, now it's my turn...you may remember that out of the goodness and generosity of my wonderful mother-in-law, hubby and I got to go to Bermuda for our 35th anniversary...well,..while we were there our actual anniversary dinner was shared with about 50 other people....not exactly a meaningful, romantic time, although quite beautiful. So, once again MIL comes through because she's had a tradition of giving us, as an anniversary gift, $5 for every year you're married! So 5 x 35= $175 that we are going to spend on a really nice restaurant...the kind with cloth tablecloths and everything and hubby emailed me yesterday that he has made reservations at said really nice restaurant for tonight! Hurrah!!!!!

1 comment:

Angela S said...

I saw you'd commented over at "raising five" wishing she was in reader. She is, that's how I've read for months. There is probably an rss feed button on her blog, you can cut and past the address into the add part of reader to add her, or you can often click the feed icon in your address bar if it has one. Firefox does. Good luck!