Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I have questions....lots and lots of questions......and it's very frustrating when you don't have the answers and even worse when people that you go to for the answers say...'sorry, I don't have the answers' or even worse, you hear...'you probably will never know the answers'. Now some of those questions are easier to let go, especially if you've been wondering about them, say, like for twenty, even thirty years! Of course, that puts these questions in the past category....but what about those in the present,...or in the future.....you know, the ones that keep you awake at night while your spouse is gently(or not gently) snoring beside you.

I've watched the interview done with Steven Curtis Chapman and his family on Good Morning America, a few times.....if somebody has a legitimate reason for asking why and for having questions, it's that family! But I was very encouraged when I heard Steven say...'oh yes, we have lots of questions, but we also have faith,...and faith is living with the questions'.....the important thing, that GMA edited out was that Steven and his family don't have just any old faith, like in the stars, or the trees or the ocean....they have faith in God......

I'm glad that I have a faith in God too, because when He gently reminds me of that ......well then I can be gently(or not) snoring beside my husband at night too!

I'm so glad....

No comments: