Friday, June 20, 2008

Sharing

As I sit here thinking about how fast my life has got back to normal (whatever normal is)....it's really hard to believe that just a few days ago I woke up in sunny Bermuda....there is something very refreshing about getting away for a few days....getting away from the whining and the bickering......and enjoying the quiet. In my everyday life, quiet is a rare commodity....but as we sat outside the room, on our patio and stared at the turquoise ocean....there it was...quiet...tranquility....

Don't get me wrong...there are certain noisiness..is there such a word....that I relish....like the laughter of my grandchildren, the chatter of all my kids when we have a family dinner,...the cheering at Maya's basketball game when she gets a three pointer, listening to our church band play a reallybeautiful selection that has different parts that rise up in a fabulous crescendo, a certain Simon/Garfunkel song played at full blast...gotta love the bass trombone!,....or just playing any music very loud when you're in a good mood and feel like 'jivin' (now I'm really dating myself!) around the house........

but you can't beat the quiet,...cause in the quiet, you hear the voice of God ever so softly saying...Do you like it...isn't beautiful...isn't it magnificent....I made it to enjoy...but I'll share it with you......the ocean is beautiful, especially in Bermuda.....Lord willing, we'll get to go back again (don't worry Ryan...we wont ask you to babysit again...poor Ryan, I think he's been traumatized for life,...he couldn't wait to get home!)

Oh, well....I'm sure he'll survive......he's young.....he just acts old!


Thanks for sharing! I'll just have to look for the quiet a bit harder back in the normal!!

No comments: