Saturday, April 19, 2008

Taking Flight!

Since I am the mother of nine, people are often under the misconception that I can handle anything. Sometimes, there are so many things going on at one time that I find the emotions building in me til I just want to run away. I think the call it the fight or flight reaction. Well, it's been a number of years since I wanted to take the fight stance. Now, I'm older and much too weary....I've also found out that it's usually not very productive, to fight I mean,....it's much better to wait, and work things out step by step. When things become overwhelming, I just want to run away, I have no idea where (and at the price of gas today, it can't be very far). Usually, when this happens my husband is at work and I'll call him and say, 'I've had it, I may not be here when you get home, I'm going to run away'......my husband is a very good, loving and very patient (with me) person,...he knows I really don't mean it....I just need some time to calm down, collect my thoughts that are going in fifty million directions and go on,...go on to do the job that God has asked me to do.
Tonight I wanted to take flight.....it's been a particularly stressful week, today was a particularly long day and then to finish it off one of my kids pulled a stunt that was so unbelievable that I was speechless! I just wanted to run away, to take flight.......but as usual, I didn't.....I stayed in my bedroom for awhile, then after the kids had gone to bed, I came out to do some quilting....there's something about the calming influence of quilting...it really is a sanity saver!

So, now, I'm okay, calmed down (for the moment), ready for another day.......I think....

2 comments:

Ronalee said...

Well... there musta been something in the air yesterday... only here.. it was their mother who was the problem. I know what you mean about packing your bags... I even dream about getting my OWN apartment!!
This parenting this, is the hardest job ever!!!! AND... I take it so personally when they are upset with me... like I am the worst mom ever, and they would do so much better without me.... ugh......
YOU love grandbabies.. cause you don't have to take any responsibility for them, or how they turn out... weather real or implied..... but with your own babies... if they make a bad choice.. or don't turn out like we want or wish them too.. it is OUR fault...
I know.. I am babbling... I hope today is better for BOTH of us!
blessings girlfriend!

Carrie said...

Sorry to hear you had a rough start to your weekend! I'll pray that you'll get the rest you need!
And you're totally right about that quilting thing. Works every time.

God bless :)