Monday, November 17, 2008

A Long Day

Oh my...it's Monday...actually, it's Monday evening and that means Monday is almost over....yea!

I'm still not a fan of Mondays, and especially since eldest daughter and I share responsibilities (well, actually I'm like the silent partner.....it's complicated) on Sunday mornings with the children's program at our church,...anyways....by Monday I'm still feeling a little worn around the edges. It has been nice though that I've been able to attend Quilting class by myself these last few Mondays...I tried taking Megan but really, it was quite a chore and I was getting to the point of not wanting to go.....thankfully eldest daughter offered to let her go to her house and do homeschooling with them...Megan is thrilled..she loves being with her nieces and I get to enjoy the fellowship of the quilting ladies!

Then, my highschoolers had 'early dismissal' today...that means they only went for half a day. In the afternoon I had scheduled a doctor's appointment for Maya to get her booster shot (which she should have gotten last year but I kept putting it off.) So, off we went to the doctor......he does a 'well child' check up...went through a myriad of questions...Maya is rarely ill so he was trying to catch up on her life! Then he left, and the nurse was to bring in the 'shot'.....Maya doesn't like needles...(I don't either but try to fake it in front of my kids.. :0) .....) Maya says..'mom, do you remember when we were little and we'd get our needles how you use to cuddle us on your lap?'....I looked at her and knew just where she was coming from.......'uh, Maya....that's not going to happen....you're going to have to handle this one on your own!'....and we both killed ourselves laughing.....Maya is easily 3" taller and 50 lbs heavier than me!

So, now I'm waiting for my hubby to come home...it's been a long day and even longer for him 'cause it's a teaching day....which means he leaves at 7:30 am ,...does his day job and then goes to his teaching job at one of the colleges and gets home between 10 and 11 in the evening....a very long day. He does this on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday......he enjoys it but I miss him.

Do you like Mondays?

No comments: