Friday, November 20, 2009

The Millcroft Inn....ahhhhh!

Good Morning Company Girls!
Well, if you read my post last Friday I spoke about my hubby taking me to a special place for my birthday lunch. He wouldn't even tell me where we were going until we were almost there! At one point, he said we were going to eat in a pod! Well, that just brought up a ton of images in my head.....a little concern, which I didn't express, because I'm claustrophobic...good thing because it was nothing like I imagined. We left the house quite early so I knew we had a distance to travel...and we did..about an hour and a half...to ski country...of course there isn't any snow yet, so no skiing...but...it was a beautiful fall day as you can see by some of the pics.
This is the Millcroft Inn......and as the name suggests, it used to be a mill...many, many years ago. Do you see that bit of white in the pic...that's the tablecloth on the table that we sat at to have our lunch. That's what they call the pod!

When I sat in my chair, and looked straight ahead, this was my view. Doesn't it look so peaceful?
This was the view of the Inn from the non-creek side. It's a good thing we were only having lunch because we heard the rooms went for approx $400 a night!!!!!



That's me sitting in my chair...just relaxing...bliss....



A pic of the falls that I could see when I looked down....






Me!






A pic from the outside......



It was a lovely day.....after lunch we walked around the grounds a bit, then we went into the little town and toured another mill that had been turned into an artist's gallery and workshops.....
Then we came home because by that time the teens were home from school and we thought we'd better make sure they weren't killing each other.......then we went out to a movie after that...we saw Julie and Julia...yes, I know...it's been around for awhile but I really wanted to see it and fortunately I found a little theatre that was still showing it.
All in all, it was a very lovely birthday celebration!
Baby Wett still hasn't made his appearance yet......I hope he comes out soon! :0)







11 comments:

MommiesCoffee3 said...

That was breathtaking. And how romantic! What a lovely birthday lunch on a beautiful day. Thanks for sharing.

Docmommy said...

Niiiccee! I am say aaahhh! just looking at the pictures! Wow! Also, Happy birthday! Another November birthday! I dont' want to celebrate any mroe birthdays but then, think of the alternative. It ended up being great though! I see that yorus was too!

Cari Kaufman said...

Wow! He did well! What a beautiful, romantic, peaceful place for you to spend the day! Thank you for sharing your pictures!

My sisters, mom and I saw Julie and Julia when it first came out and LOVED it! What did you think? I thought Meryl Streep nailed that role...

GranthamLynn said...

Oh what a great birthday lunch. It looked like so much fun. What a great guy you have. The inn looks lovely. $400.00 a night wow!
I want to invite you over to my blog for Friday Date Night. I ask people to write about thier dates. And I do a drawing each week. Come over and check it out.
Thanks for sharing your birthday.
I enjoyed my visit.
Have a wonderful weekend,
Sherry

Unknown said...

Marie, thank you for your sweet comments! You girls are the best!

Wow! What a birthday! Your man gets nomination for Husband of the year, I think! Very thoughtful. I'm sure it was hard to leave that place...of course until you found out it was $400 to spend the night. NUTS!

Thanks for sharing your special day with us!
LydiaCate

Anonymous said...

What a lovely time you had! I'm glad you got to enjoy some time out...that would be different than giving timeouts. =p

Rachel Anne said...

What a lovely, peaceful place! It looks very quaint, yet fancy....your husband did a great job with the surprise! Something tells me he loves you :)

One More Equals Four said...

Wow! How beautiful...your hubby did GOOD! I have yet to see Julie and Julia, but I would like to. I'll probably wait until it comes out on DVD!

Have a great weekend and hope that baby makes an appearance soon!

the.bain.family. said...

that looks amazing! what a perfect birthday lunch

mholgate said...

happy belated birthday! What a beautiful day to celebrate!

Today is my birthday. It is a beautiful snowy day out there. Perfect for curling up with a cup of hot cocoa. My husband will be taking me to dinner on Friday to celebrate.

Have a great week!
-Melissa

Samantha said...

What a lovely place for a special day. We saw Julie and Julia a while back and really enjoyed it. Sounds like a wonderful day!