Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Life...isn't it a peach!

Life. Life gets in the way of true happiness sometimes. Oh my, that's truly profound isn't it....I am brilliant this morning....or just really tired...maybe I should stick with the tired. :0)

It was a crazy weekend. Hubby took me to my surprise lunch on Friday....we drove for about an hour and a half to this quaint little town called Alden to a place called the Millcroft Inn....haven't got hubby to put the pics on my computer yet...but I will...it was real pretty there...we ate in a little overhang called a pod.....it holds about 8 people.....it's right over a waterfall....very picturesque.....then we poked around the town a bit...bought some yummy Chelsea buns at a local bakery...then came home to check on our teens.....you see, we have to do that.....for the most part, they don't get along....they try to kill each other...I jest not....

Then we went to a very old movie theatre and saw Julie and Julia......I was really disappointed when I looked at all the movies playing at the big mega cinemas......nothing appealed to me so I was tickled when I found this movie playing at this tiny theatre...best part...the tickets were only $5!!

The next day, Saturday.....I was tired out from all our travelling and doing stuff the day before....I'm like that..it doesn't take much of doing different things to wear me out......so, it was a lazy day...til I decided to start working on Jairus' quilt top......it got to be a case of...okay...just one more block,...then ...well, I'd really like to see how this border looks...then, well.....I only have one border to go and it will be done....I just can't go to bed now...looking at the clock when I finally went to bed it was after 1:30am.....good grief...and I started out tired.

The quilt top is done! Once again, still haven't got pics on my computer to show you...(I really have to learn how to do this myself!)

Sunday was, of course, church....which for eldest daughter and I was MountainKids...that's what we call our Sunday school program....eldest daughter and I run it .....for the moment...we may give it up...some days these things just aren't worth the stress in your life, ya know what I mean?

We have two ladies who are 'greeters'...they mark the child present, give them their name child and in general 'welcome the child'.......well, after program started...I passed by them and they stopped me...they had 'attendance questions'......okay...soo...these ladies...bless their little hearts..have been doing this job for approximately 6 weeks....I've been doing this job for 45 years!! They proceeded to tell me that I've been doing my job wrong and they were surely right in their thinking of how it should be done.....oh my goodness......needless to say I left that little exchange in a dither.....just in time to go and teach my class of 10 year old boys! Have you ever taught a class of 10 year old boys? If you have, and are still sane...please...share with me your secret....because what little sanity I have left is slowly ebbing out my toes each time I'm there!

After church/Sunday school...we had play practice......something else daughter and I are crossing off our list for next year! Good grief....why do all the parents....that refuse to get involve and help always have the loudest....and I mean loud.......opinion on how it should be run. We are having a rather traditional type play and that involves littlest kids being sheep. Well, we thought that they'd be a lot more happy playing in the nursery until it was their turn to do their part...(rather than having them sitting, in the sanctuary while everyone went over their lines)...good idea, don't you think....absolutely not.... I heard rumblings from the parents, sitting in the foyer, not helping.....about 'why were they there...they could be home...this was ridiculous'...and so on.....so, it was finally the little sheepies turn and we called them in...they were to crawl around the shepherds and just be sheep like....the shepherds were visited by the angels and were 'sorely afraid'...they clutched each other and looked stricken...but as a group of boys are wont to do, they started moving and losing balance and almost stepped on one of the little sheepies...at that moment....mama bear of said sheepie comes roaring in from the foyer....hollers at eldest daughter and the rest of the cast about what nearly happened to her little sheepie...started directing cast members where they should be standing so this didn't happen again...then retreated to the foyer to grumble and complain to all the parents (who weren't helping) again!

Like one older lady of the church, who came across me after the 'attendance discussion' earlier said to me....You gotta just tell these people that if they're not for you, then just get out of the way!..I like that lady...she's a peach!

Then we left the church and went to a hotel where my grandson, that I don't see very often....(being the son of the son that I don't see very often probably has a lot to do with it)...well, it had been his 5th birthday a week earlier and his mom was having a birthday party for him (I told you that November was the birthday month in this family!) There's a pool at this hotel so that's why she had it there......we stayed for awhile then scadaddled home quickly because the rest of the family was coming over for my birthday dinner...everyone looks forward to it cause hubby orders Chinese food.....so that's what happened and 16 people ate up a pile of Chinese food and then had more birthday cake...my granddaughter was thrilled because she was getting two birthday cakes opportunities that day!

So...that was the weekend...and then joy of joys it was a P.D. day yesterday...that means that the kids get the day off school while the teachers have meetings. Well, I had an important meeting to attend all day yesterday...which had fantastic results.....and at that point....I will admit that I didn't care if the kids were home all day, killing each other.....yes, I know...I just lost mother of the year award.....you live with Megan, questioning every five minutes whether strawberries are too hard to eat with her braces but goes ahead and eats a crispy wonton chip....or saying 'why', to everything that I tell her no to, and you'd feel the same way too......trust me....

So, the rest of the week I plan on working on sandwiching Jairus' quilt and starting the stitching and waiting for grandbaby Wett to make his appearance....c'mon baby Wett!..nana wants to see you!

1 comment:

juniper said...

That's really unfortunate that you both work so hard for Mountain Kids and this has been the response. Take heart knowing the kingdom impact you are having on these kids and the fact that God delights in your desire and willingness to serve Him.
I can't believe Jairus' quilt top is finished. How did you get that done so fast?
Have a great day Mom.