Thursday, May 7, 2009

Miss Verity



I love being a nana. There are many perks to the position......most of them pretty good...but last Sunday came close to the very best....because, of course ALL of my grandbabies are the very best.....but last Sunday there was Verity....on the 20th of this month she will be four years old....she happens to share that birthday with my son Paul, who will be 21......it's kind of neat to see them together....like they have this special little bond....anyways, I digress.....

Last Sunday, I wasn't feeling well, having pushed myself to go to church 'cause I knew I was needed to drive a vehicle home...(the grandkids needed to come while their parents had other commitments). By the time I got home, I was worn out and just veggin' on the couch, staring out the window, since that's all the energy I had left......when Verity came walking over to me carrying a tiny little windmill....you know those things on the end of a stick that you blow and they twirl around.......well, she had a small one...no bigger that 6". She came over and said 'Nana, I love you. I want you to have this because you didn't get anything and you're special.' I thanked her ever so much and told her that I'd keep it forever.

Now doesn't that just warm the cockles of your heart....ya, being a nana is pretty good...it sure picks up your day!

No comments: