Friday, June 25, 2010

Summer is Here!!!!

Good Morning Company Girls!

Well, I just have a few minutes...hubby and I are taking our new mattress up to our trailer (about 2-/14 hours drive away) today plus 'opening up' the trailer for the season....hubby does most of the work while I bat at mosquitoes...the water lines have to be flushed out, the hydro turned on, the grass, which is probably a foot high needs to be cut. Maya wanted to come along but this is hubby's last Friday off before the holidays kick in...I figure any Fridays off in the summer will be with everyone.....so this is our very last alone one. Anyways, eldest daughter ended up needing Maya to babysit......

This week the sale of mom and dad's house went through...kind of bittersweet...good to get it all done but the final door closing on an earthly, physical connection with dad. Now, some more work as we clear out all the rest of the household goods that we left in for stageing.

This past Father's Day was extremely difficult....I stayed home from church, went to the cemetery.....dad's graveside looked pretty pathetic...abandoned, my brother called it....so he got to work and added some topsoil and peat moss...planted a lily flower.....I guess we'll have to see about a gravestone soon...not quite sure on the timing of these things....I think you have to wait a certain amount of time for the ground to settle but no idea how long.

Second oldest daughter called early this morning asking for thoughts and prayers for a friend she used to work with....a 22 year old young man named Mark who was diagnosed with brain cancer a short time ago....it would seem that he's not responding to the usual cancer treatments...chemo and such ...they're taking him in for emergency treatment...if you could remember him in your quiet time that would be a good thing....

...so, that's about it..oh, I did see a new counselor for Emma last night...Emma has an appointment with her tomorrow morning...Emma is still pursuing another living situation....although she keeps talking about how excited she is to see her friends at the trailer this summer...go figure....you have to be brilliant to figure out teens these days....and I'm not...I'd just like it to be done with...either way at this point.....defeatist attitude I know...but I'm tired.

Take care girls and have a great first weekend of the summer!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I can relate to your comments about your father's house being sold. My cousin actually moved into my grandmother's house (my dad is renting it out to her and her family) and she told me that now I wouldn't even recognize it. Hence, I will not be stopping by there this summer when I go to Florida -- I think it would just be too much for me to see it completely transformed. I'll be content remembering it as it was.

Diane said...

I'll be praying for both Mark and Emma.

Enjoy your time alone at the trailer, even though it's meant as a work trip.

One More Equals Four said...

Enjoy your time alone with your hubby! I love those few moments we get together!

I am glad you got the house sold but I know it must be hard, I continue to lift you up in my prayers.

Have a great weekend!

the.bain.family. said...

looks like you're gearing up for a fun summer! Bring plenty of bug spray :)

Anonymous said...

Is it already that time of year? I remember you blogging about this last year. How long have we "known" each other now. Isn't the Internet wonderful when people use it the right way?

Anyhow, I hope you were able to get all the trailer stuff done this weekend. I have a feeling that Emma may have a change of heart through the summer. Please take care and enjoy your some relaxing moments when you can even if only for a few minutes.