Friday, July 2, 2010

Maya Graduates!

Good Morning Company Girls!


Maya Graduated from high school this week!!!!!!

We are so proud of her! She worked very hard and she even surprised herself and us by winning an award! It was the Kinsmen Award for Academic improvement in Special Services...and it came with a $200 cheque....she was soooooooooo excited!
For the past 4-1/2 months Maya did her last semester of high school in a co-op placement ...the first half in a classroom setting at one of the hospitals and the second half actually in one of the hospital getting practical training in an E.A. (Environmental Aid) and a porter...she loved being a porter...the E.A.,...not so much..but she did very well. Plus, she had to take a bus, for the very first time, making connections and transfers and go clear across the other side of the city...about an hour bus ride....I think she was more scared of that but in no time she caught on and was at ease with it. Her shifts were at different times..some were even at 6 a.m.! Which meant she had to get up at 4 a.m., to catch the 5 a.m., to get there by 6 a.m. I didn't hear her complain once!
The trouble is..now she must find a job..we were hoping that she'd do well enough that the hospital would hire her...but there are no available porter positions at this time.....plus..the longer she's away from the hospital, the harder it will be to get a job there. Good grief...always something.
Emma continues to give us a significant amount of grief but she did see the counsellor last week...one positive step.
So, today we plan on going to the trailer for a week...the weather is suppose to be pretty good next week so I hope the kids co-operate and the week goes well.
Hope you all have a wonderful week!

8 comments:

One More Equals Four said...

Congrats on the graduation. I have thought a lot about you this week and your faithfulness in taking in an adopting special children. You are such an inspiration to me. Hang in there with Emma. I believe that your faithfulness will be rewarded one day! I continue to lift you up! Enjoy your time at the trailer! Not sure I will be able to get online for a couple of weeks...we will be traveling to Utah and Idaho for my grandfather's memorial (24 hour drive minimum) but you will be in my prayers as always!

Unknown said...

You never know what can happen! I'll pray for open doors for Maya. Have a good weekend!

Elisabeth said...

Congratulations!

the.bain.family. said...

oh my goodness, you have such good reasons to be proud! She looks so happy, too. What an exciting event!

Alicia said...

Congrats to her! Exciting times ahead...

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!! Congrats to Maya! Wow, I could not wake up at 4am without complaining, if I wasn't so tired to complain. =p Good luck to her in the job search!!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

All the best Maya in her job pursuit. Sorry the hospital didn't work out. And, sure do hope ya'll will enjoy your time in the trailer. I'm wishing beautiful weather for you. Thanks for stopping by and abundant blessings to you!

juniper said...

Congratulations Maya. Mom please tell her how proud we are of her too and that we were sorry to have missed the ceremony. She has grown to be a wonderful young woman whom I am glad to call my sister. Have a great time at the trailer.
Looking forward to seeing you when we return. William tells me he really misses his Nana!!