Thursday, June 3, 2010

Deception.....

Deception....such an ugly word isn't it?

One of my daughter's enjoys deceiving...she really does....she takes great delight in weaving a plan on how she can get want she wants when I've said no.....most of the time I figure it out...sometimes I don't. Unfortunately, she's destroying any mother daughter relationship with her choices....more unfortunately...she doesn't care.

She is 16 years and 7 months old. I think it will be a very good thing when she turns 18 and I can insist that she make her own way in this world. She treats hubby and I with no respect whatsoever, she uses us....you might be saying that every teen acts this way....no, I beg to differ....I've lived thru a few teens...this one is number 8 of 9....some of the other teens have been difficult for sure...some as adults still have their issues.....but this teen,..well, she's another piece of work.

She lost her Internet privileges...going to sites that weren't appropriate..a long time ago....but she still manages to get on the Internet...she still manages to go to Facebook and post things that give me pause and certainly cause more grey hairs on my head....
Our desk top died a very long time ago...we have passwords on every other computer in the house....she kept bugging every time to have Internet on the Wii, but we refused....she bided her time and when server passwords were discussed amongst the grownups one time, she squirreled that info away...then thru asking 'innocent' questions she obtained all the info she needed to get on the Internet thru the Wii....as soon as we left the house one evening she got on.....so, we put a parental pin code in......but she still has got on somehow.....can't figure it out yet...but I will.....

It's very disconcerting that from the time she gets home from school she's asking when you'll be going out and when you say that you are, she keeps asking you continuously, until you walk out the door...'shouldn't you be going...I thot you said you'd be leaving by now'...and when I say to her 'why are you so eager for me to leave...what are you planning'......I just get this little grin...but her voice says 'nothing'.........

Deception....it's such an ugly word. It saddens a mother's heart.

No comments: