Friday, September 4, 2009

Life Choices

Good Morning Company Girls!

..........One of my daughters and I were talking about life choices yesterday. It got me to thinking about my life choices. There's a buzz phrase going around these days about 'leaving your footprint' in this world...now I know that they're talking about the environment...but to me, it is my life. The actions and choices that I've made in my life ...and since for me my life really didn't begin til I was married....I'll say in the last 36 years. I guess you could go back earlier to when I was a teenager but when I think back on those days....i really didn't have a focused thought in my head. There were too many uncertainties at that point.....what I would do when I graduated high school, would I ever get married, would I have children.....strangely enough I never thought about how many children I would have. I'm sure that if someone, anyone, had told me that I would have 9 kids,..I'd probably thought they were a little crazy.....like some people think I am for having 9 kids....

I've been reading some blogs thru another blog...you know how that goes...somebody mentions a blog in their blog so you go to it and get caught up in what the blog is saying (or sometimes you read it and think...nah...not interested). Well, last Sunday I was reading a blog that sent me to this one....http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/......I was stunned at the commitment that this young woman has made in her life...the choices she has made.....the footprint that she is leaving......a few days later I came across this other situation...through another blog....oh my goodness I never dreamt that something this horrific was going on in this world...(yes, I know, I'm very naive)...I do know that there are horrible injustices happening to children in this world...I was a foster mom for 19 years......but that children would be killed just because their top teeth came in before there bottom....oh my goodness.....go here to read about it and to read about a family that is doing something about it....leaving a positive footprint in this world....http://www.drawnfromwater.org/......

So, ya......the choices I have made,.....lasting positive footprints left in this world...I realize we cant all be Mother Theresa types...but it does give you pause to think about all the selfish things we do, the choices we make in our lives that we've been given that is all about promoting our own agenda.

Something to think about.....

6 comments:

Cari Kaufman said...

thought provoking post. Shame on you for making me think so hard on a Friday! :) Have a wonderful weekend!

PS Did you try out the vision boards? How did it go?

Tracy DeLuca said...

I bawled when I visited the site about the babies in Ethiopia. So sad.

I have been doing a lot of thinking along these same lines lately. Maybe it is in the air....

Anonymous said...

I wish more people would think about leaving a positive footprint like you do. We need a little more of that in our world, even if it's a little change for the better, that's good enough.

Unknown said...

I agree with Joyce! Love your post and your idea of leaving a footprint. Makes much more sense than the "other" footprint we usually hear about.
And...big families ROCK! Never a dull moment!

Rachel Anne said...

Great post and fantastic links! So much to think about. Made me really stop and think about MY footprint...feels very shallow after seeing those stories of real people making a difference.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend, crazy lady with all those kids! ;) Your footprint is beautiful.

Traci Michele said...

Thanks for your post! Isn't it all about the choices we make?!?

So nice to meet you! I found you via in courage!

Love your sister in Christ,
Traci