Monday, July 6, 2009

A Long Day....very long.

Well it's been a verrrrrrrrrrrry long day and I'm pooped!

One of the things I had to do today was go to our city jail to see our son.

If there's one thing I can count on with having so many children is new experiences....some very good, very nice....some of them just freak you out ...like today. I arrived at the jail...early..I was advised to do that because they start a line up to get in about a half an hour before they let you in. When they finally let me in I had to go through a metal detector and then show my I.D....two pieces. Then we all waited some more. After awhile, they told everyone to follow this guy....we went through this doorway after the barred door rolled to the side...then we had to wait for it to close before they opened the next one. It was quite impactful when the first door closed and we were waiting for the next one. Then we all moved on after the second door opened and I watched more experienced visitors grab clean wipes from a dispenser on the wall...that was to wipe down the 'booth' you were assigned to.....the stool, the metal counter and the phone that you used to communicate. Oh my.......then we waited some more because they don't call the prisoners down until their visitors are in the visitation room, waiting.


Corey came in, dressed in an orange jump suit.....he looked fine.....he said he's been spending a lot of time playing poker with the other guys.....he was concerned that they wouldn't let him out on Friday if he didn't pay the lawyer ahead of time. I really don't know...all new world to me but I don't think that the one has to do with the other. The allotted 20 minute phone call went quickly....I tried to encourage him to stay away from drinking when he got out, he just grinned. I had my answer.....I suggested that maybe he wouldn't want to go back to the girl that he had gotten in all this trouble with but he assured me that she was sorry for calling the police, that she wanted him back.

I came out of there very discouraged because I don't think that the time he's spent in jail has made a difference. He will go right back to the same thing, and he'll probably be back in there again. He has chosen a very bleak life.

On to much, much, much better news! My oldest son called me this afternoon, he had wonderful news! The child they're expecting in November is a boy!!!!!!! That will give us 3 grandsons and 3 grandaughters! The very best part is that the baby looks good, very healthy looking....that is a huge relief! Now we just have to be patient for the next 4-1/2 months til we meet the little guy! Yea!

So, ya,....a long day...good and bad....tomorrow is packing day so that the kids and I can get up to the trailer...when the van gets back from getting it's Air Conditioning fixed...(and we take out a small loan to pay for it :0) )

A long day.

No comments: