Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Lists.....

There are seventy-odd more days before the kids go back to school.....(I'm trying to avoid getting the calendar out and actually counting every one...) and I decided, while reading other blogs this morning that I'm going to start making a list of the things I want to do when that happens! Now, you might be saying..'Marie, what about summer...the best time of the year?' Pshaw! Don't let that lovely weather and lazy days fool you.....there is an office supply store ad that starts playing, I believe it's Johnny Mathis' Christmas song near the end of August about "It's the most wonderful time of the year".....they say every parent is singing it about that time and I totally agree!

So,...my list.......

1. Take some quilting lessons....I've been quilting for a couple of years now but I know a quilter that's been quilting for about 30 years and she still takes classes so I figure I could use some extra instruction too!

2. A few years ago, I said I wanted to learn Spanish....I even purchased one of those home learning courses....I was determined....that's as far as I got......:0( .....so, I would like to give that a try....

3. Memorizing scripture...now this will be a true stretch of my brain cells cause this brain is like a sieve......it'll be good for it, right?

4. Get back to Bible Study class.....gave it up last year when it didn't work with homeschooling Megan...

5. Being able to stop, whenever I want.....for a milkshake, a Subway sandwich, a Tim Horton's.......without having to think about having to buy for two...do I have enough money in my purse...(and when the answer's no, then I don't have to continue on, disgruntled......no, no, no,....I am NOT resentful....just a little disgruntled....and if I say that 50 more times, I may believe it!

That's my list, so far...but I'm really just getting started.....ah yes....com'on September 8th!

1 comment:

Sarah Markley said...

Hi! thanks for stopping by my blog. i browsed a little and enjoyed your photos of Bermuda. looks heavenly! and the pictures of your daughters graduation are sweet.

=) Sarah