Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Beach........

Do I look impressed or what?

Ryan and Emma and Jennifer (and Baby W)

Ryan got this neat beach tent, at Canadian Tire (his very favourite store) ...he said brother Paul bought it for them although Paul doesn't know it yet,...he gave them a gift card for Christmas...


There we all are....a memorable day on the beach.....Maya, Ryan, Emma, Jenn and me, in front Megan and Ben....of course, hubby is taking the pic but that's his blue umbrella beside me...ya we're just a couple of old geasers!


We went to the beach yesterday....now, I know some are saying...so......a beach...big deal....well, if you know hubby and I you'd know it was a big deal....we're stick in-the-muds, we don't do beaches...we're....old......see, I have the pics to prove it......sun and I don't get along....I love seeing the sun out...I just don't like sitting in it......when I was younger I used to lay out on the beach, til your body felt like it was burning all over and then you ran to the water, to plunge in and cool off....to get out and lay down and do it all over again...that's when I was young......
Oldest son and his wife, who is expecting newest grandbaby in November, we're camping about a half an hour away from us, and invited us for a visit...so we went.......the mosquitoes at their lovely campsite were so intense that we stayed down at the beach......the kids enjoyed the water and we did have a very lovely visit but I must admit that I felt like the old ladies that I used to watch when I was little,......oh dear.....
whoops!...sorry, copied two of the same and don't know how to delete.......
That's me...under the umbrella...pathetic, eh? My kids were funny because as we left the camping place....(you can tell that they're spoiled w/all the activities and friends at FairHavens, because they said...'but what do you do all day....do you just sit on the beach?'

No comments: