Friday, July 3, 2009

Have A Good Holiday!

Good Morning Company Girls!

Well, I've just spent part of the morning transferring my quilt fabric stash upstairs from my 'quilt room'....which is really Paul's (army guy) bedroom. I wasn't going to do anything about it...but....he neglected to tell me that he just wasn't coming home for the weekend...he was indeed coming home for a month! ....and he brought his humongous flat screen t.v. home with him...so..there wasn't room for my fabrics...sigh.....but it is nice to have him home...even if he's already teased the heck out of Emma...his favourite sibling to tease. He just loves to hear her holler...and she accommodates him....it's a love-hate relationship.

Hubby got today off for Canada day so he's on the way up for the trailer to install our new wee fridge in the trailer,...the kids and I are suppose to go up next week and pretty well stay there for the rest of the month. I guess I should start thinking about packing....I admit that over the years I've become kind of lackadaisical about packing....I used to make copious lists...checking everything off....now it's kind of a grab and run scenario.....

If any of you reading this are the praying sort....second oldest son got himself into trouble...again....he's now in jail. I'm praying that this will at least have a lasting impact on him so that he will have the desire to turn his life around. His birth mother was a drinker, he was born with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, thus, his poor choices in life. He's also become an alcoholic himself, and this is the basis usually for his legal problems...we would covet your prayers.

So, off to do more cutting out of quilt material....it's been so long that I've been working on the granddaughters quilts that a day and a half of cutting has resulted in extremely painful arm and chest muscles...but I have to persevere, or it wont get done.

Have a wonderful weekend and for all the Americans...Happy 4th!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I will be praying for your son. It is hard when they make poor choices and you can do nothing but watch...it's my hope that this will wake him up and he will come out of jail a new man.

Enjoy your weekend...playing in your fabric stash! :)

Unknown said...

Yes I will pray for your son and for you too. What a terrible thing to watch your child go through!
Hope you will have a great weekend! And Happy quilting!

Anonymous said...

Prayed for your son. Hope everything will work out in the end.

The potty training went well, but it's hard having a newborn and worrying about accidents. She was 5 for 5 yesterday in the potty, so hopefully we'll get the big girl underwear out by the end of the week!!

Hope you had a good time quilting.

Have a fantastic week!