Friday, September 12, 2008

The Donnybrook

So, yesterday I had to take Ben, my 17 year old, to his first group therapy class and before that we had an appointment with his anger management counsellor. You would think that since I was taking the one usual instigator of the physical fights in this house,...out of the house, for a few hours that all would be well wouldn't you.....you would think that leaving a 16 year old, an almost 15 year old and a 13 year old home for a few hours would be okay, wouldn't you.....well, you would be wrong, dead wrong!!!!!

Both of Ben's appointments went quite well, and as we were leaving them I called home and asked middle daughter to make some pancakes for supper, which she was delighted to do...she loves to cook. When we arrived home, eldest daughter met me with a whole paper list of the accounting's of what went on while I was gone. Apparently, eldest daughter decided to become the parent and told youngest daughter to do her chore (which is something because eldest daughter never does her chore!)...so this was mistake #1!

Mistake #2 occurred after youngest daughter begrudgingly did as she was told(they all have this thing about telling each other what they should be doing but each one resents the other one telling them what to do..'your not my parent!' is a familiar refrain around this house.....While youngest one was doing the chore, middle one decided to tell her that her jeans were dirty....well, youngest one took exception to that and replied with some rude words. Then oldest one had to get into it by singing a little ditty that involved the fact that youngest was being rude.
So, youngest left the kitchen and went to her room to wait until a better time to unload the dishwasher, which was her chore.

Mistake #3.......youngest had her radio playing in her room and middle one decided...'hey, I like that song'...and into youngest room she went to dance the song away.....youngest yelled..'get out of my room'...middle one said 'wait, I just want to listen to the song'...

Mistake #4....youngest one decided to forcibly remove middle one from the room...which is quite a feat since middle one is about 50 lbs. heavier than youngest one.......a lot of pushing and shoving occurred

Mistake #5......youngest one grabbed the shirt of middle one and did significant damage, ripping the shoulder of the top completely apart...

Mistake #6.....middle one decided to punch younger one....in the forehead...after she removed younger ones glasses......

Mistake #7....younger one foolishly said ..'that didn't hurt'

Mistake #8....middle one....hit her again!!!....just to prove her point that it really did hurt.....

Result of all this donnybrook?........two girls that have lost some privileges for awhile...and youngest child staying home from school today....I really didn't think it would go over too well with school authorities as to why youngest one still has a goose egg on her forehead this morning...I'm afraid I'm old enough that I really don't want to put up with the questioning. Plus youngest one has the habit of really playing up the 'poor little me' card along with ready made tears to garner up as much sympathy and attention as possible...didn't want to go there either....so, it's just her and me this morning before the grandkids arrive this afternoon to be babysat....maybe this could be a trial run at the homeschooling, which I'm considering for the youngest one.........

The biggest problem is....I seem to remember a little conflict...okay, a down and out cat fight between my older sister and I when we were left alone...and I seem to remember her blouse getting ripped too...hmmmm......the only good thing in remembering that is that we're good friends now....so maybe there's hope....not!!!

No comments: