Friday, August 26, 2011

Good Morning Company Girls!

So, I've been back home for almost a week now. It's been a quiet one, well besides the usual junk that Emma hands out. Somedays she's just been acting very weird...only speaking when she absolutely needs to and when she does in an extremely quiet voice, barely above a whisper. She stays in bed every day til 3 pm. And then gets up to go to her friend's house, til 9 pm....except for one night when she kept sending me text messages asking to stay overnight. My phone was off, it was charging. Instead of coming home when she didn't receive a reply she stayed past her curfew. Finally, when I turned my phone on, I sent her one back, telling her to please come home now....she took her time and sauntered in at 11 pm..a half an hour later. We spoke....or rather I spoke....she sat and stared at me like a zombie. I told her there would be a consequence for her action. She asked what...I told her that i'd tell her the next day ( I didn't need her going to her room and cutting just because she was upset over the consequence). I did entertain the idea of not letting her go to her friends the next day...but that would be like shooting myself in the foot.....so the next day I told her that because she chose to come home two hours late that tonight she must come home two hours early...amazingly that was accepted without weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth! She had a few other things she did, but I've mentioned enough......I really do love Emma and I care what happens to her but she's really pushing the limits.....

This week I spent a couple of days emptying my fiction book shelf, cataloguing and entering their ISBN's onto a computer program called Readerware....it would have been easier with a scanner, but I don't own one....and some of my books are so old that I had to individually google some books to get their numbers. So, after two days of that...and dealing with all the dust.....I'm embarrassed to say, some books hadn't moved in 3 years and thus hadn't been dusted....but 404 books later...my fiction books are done! Now to get the energy to do the non-fiction...some of those are still packed away since our Reno 5 years ago...I think I'll sort through and purge some of those....after all, if I've done without for 5 years I imagine there are some that I don't need anymore! My fiction ones are a different story....there's like old friends...some even hrad my maiden name in the flyleaf....and I've been married 37 years! Good friends for sure!

Had a few conversations with DIL Jenn this week....Samuel is doing well, gaining weight...although not letting her get much sleep...which we all know is compounded by having an active toddler in the house...and William is ACTIVE! He's an extremely smart little boy and is not content to let the world come to him! I wish I could still be up there but hubby really needed my help at home. He's not been well for over a month now...has been to the doctor's twice.....since iVe been home I've been plying him with vitamins and other pills my chiropractor has me on for healthy digestive system...he grumbles and complains about taking them but I think he's starting to feel better....he says he just needed me home...sweet talker, he is....
I miss my boys! But glad to be back with this one....


My hubby...he's a keeper.....


William...


Don and William...


On our walk to the beach....


William....


THE most comfy position for Samuel....


- son ryan and his son...............Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how you dealt with the curfew situation, although I wish you didn't have the situation in the first place. =\

I do have the scanner on my phone, but I haven't found the time to scan my books. We got rid of a lot of our books, but the girls have a ton!!!

Hope your hubby feels better soon. Being under the weather is always tough.

Ashley Pichea [PicheaPlace.com] said...

Stopping by from Company Girls Coffee... it was fun to read about your week!