Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Sunday before Christmas......

Afton was patiently waiting for the kids musical program tonight at church. Poor Afton, she inherited my nose......poor kid...


Verity decided that she would try out the controls at the sound board.......

....and of course, Jairus would also have a try......

Honour was in the musical play.....her first time at singing and some acting...she did pretty good for only five years old.....plus she had a nasty cold that was dragging her down....I tell ya...my sweet grandbabies were the only thing that would have got me out tonight....it's very blowy and cold with lot's of snow in our area today....not my idea of a good time! You'd think with being a Canadian all my live long days that I'd be used to it....but, I'm not!




Poor Tucker! So far the medication that the vet gave him to break down the crystals and allow him to relieve himself properly don't seem to be working. I'm afraid that we are just putting off the inevitable. I feel badly that my old friend is ending his life this way.



Tomorrow eldest daughter and I are suppose to attend the funeral of a good friend's mom. Not a good way to start off the Christmas week but it must be tons worse for the family that has to face Christmas in a few short days without their beloved mom.....Life goes on.....whether it be Christmas musicals, doggies dying, loved ones last good byes, putting the turkey into the fridge to start the big thaw...hoping you have all the stocking stuff purchased and that everyone has equal amounts,cleaning the house for company, doing laundry...there's always laundry.....wrapping the gifts...it doesn't stop...sometimes you wish it would...and other times you're quite happy for it to be put on a fast speed........anything to get out of the pain you're in....anything to get the joy back in your heart......


No comments: