Monday, May 5, 2014

Respite.......









After knowing him for almost forty-four years and married for almost forty-one....my hubby never fails to still surprise me......

Long before I found out he was taking me to Bermuda for a few days, and long before I knew about getting the best rest ever in Florida......I had received an email from Travelzoo about a hotel deal down in our favourite place Niagara on the Lake....on a whim I sent the email to hubby....this looks like a real great deal! , I said.....he agreed, and he purchased said deal.....

It has been a particularly difficult time in the family for the past year so hubby decided that this would be the ticket! Now, before you get the wrong impression....no, we didn't win the lottery...you have to play the lottery to win it...and we don't play...oh, except for granddaughters fundraiser at her gym club...but I don't think that counts cause after all, it's the grand daughter....anyways, I digress.....hubby looks for the deals...he's an accountant don't ya know.....

We did have a lovely time in Bermuda....another deal with a seat sale, I found out later....and Florida was a working trip for him...complete relaxation for me...but the company paid for most of it...except for my expenses ...which weren't much... You know, you really can exist on the free hotel breakfast throughout the day....:-)

I didn't even have a burning desire to buy anything...well, except for a book....just released and much cheaper in the states.

So, hubby realized that the coupon for Niagara on the Lake had to be used before the middle of May, so last week it was the perfect time....you had to take advantage on the off days...Monday-Thursday and last Friday was his day off....so...last Thursday night it was! Daughter Lauren agreed to come and sleep at our house to be the adult presence for the night,...and off we went.

We'd never been to this particular hotel before, called the Harbour House...not one of the big chains, small and quaint...decorated in the nautical theme...our room had a view of the Niagara River....
And when we walked in, the staff person took us to our room and gave us the room tour....a lovely room it was....and when he left hubby drew my attention to the flowers on the desk....they're yours he says, I ordered them just for you....ahhhhhh....

Aren't they beautiful? Ya, he still surprises me...he's a keeper for sure....The Lord did well when he chose him for me....not just because of the flowers , but because he loves me, he treats me well, he's my helpmate.....what more could I want.....







No comments: