Friday, January 21, 2011

'Big Huge Elephant Feet running thru my mind....

Good Morning Company Girls!

Sorry, I just finished my morning tea, so I'll just get into my post....my hubby just asked me what I was going to write about....I'm not sure...a lot of things going on in my brain! Today is his Friday off but he has a dentist appointment this morning...I'm not sure what we'll do with the rest of the day yet.....with this super cold weather we've been having it really doesn't make my thoughts willing to do anything that requires going outdoors!

This week started out with a confirmation of something that I've been wondering about for a few weeks now....I heard that my son, Corey has been in jail since before Christmas....our phone system that we use doesn't accept collect calls and since that's the only way you can call someone from the jail, he wasn't able to call us, we found out through a friend of his on Monday afternoon. On Monday evening I went to see him....it was hard....not sure how long he'll be in this time....

On Tuesday I went for a massage....since my muscle tone is so poor I have to have these fairly regularly, every 3 weeks or so, ....I've been having this tightness that I couldn't get rid of in/under my left shoulder blade.....the therapist says I've popped a rib! She worked at it but I'm still not sure if it's back in...she recommends getting to the chiropractor....sigh...always something with this body of mind....and you can throw in a dilly of a sinus infection too....sections of my left cheek keep feeling numb...quite painful...hubby brought home some Aleve...said..'give it a try'...so I did...not sure about it yet...do any of you use it?....I usually just do a combo of Tylenol and Advil. 2 of each, extra strength at a time...but of course they wear off after a few hours.....

My mom has wanted to go to Bermuda for a very long time...before my dad became too ill to travel they used to go quite regularly...there's a lovely resort there called Willowbank...it's quite peaceful....hubby and I've been a couple of times.....
Since my dad died, she's been constant in her desire to get there....sister and I thought we should try before her mind becomes so bad that it wouldn't do any good.....sister and her hubby decided to take her...this past week, my mom was talking about it and said to me...why don't you come too....I was quite surprised ....sounds weird, I know but I'm kind of undecided....it's weird cause normally if someone hands you a trip to Bermuda (she'd pay) you would jump at it....me..well...you see,...I really dislike going places without hubby(he can't get the time off) ....but on the other hand....it would be nice to go with my mom..help out sister and her hubby...I'm sure that there will be times when mom will be too weary to go anywhere and that would mean sister and hubby would have to stay at the resort too.....if I went then I could stay with her while they went and did the touristy thing....in my mother's current state of dementia, she couldn't be left alone...she's already said that she'd have no problem catching the bus on her own to get to that village to catch the ferry.....oh, the terror of it all......I could read the headlines now 'Missing Elderly Canadian Woman in Bermuda'!!....so these thoughts are running through my mind.....

What else is there...well....hubby and I have our big, once in a lifetime trip to Hawaii the end of May....which is fabulous I know...but have you ever tried to get someone to teen sit for twelve days?? They're not really lining up at the door, ya know! So, that's a concern....I can't even parcel them out cause they still have school to get to and I can't expect someone to drive them....they have to stay home but I can't think of anyone that could move in for that time period.

This week I had to take Ben to see a social worker at the Children's Aid Society.....I forget what they call that in the states...something with the letter D in it I think....Ben needed another letter from a professional, confirming that he understood the finality of having a vasectomy done...ya, you read that right...Ben will be 20 in March...and yes that's a tad young..but believe me...you really don't want a delayed person procreating with another delayed person....that only equals 'another delayed child that gets put into the system' again.....that's not fair to the child or to Ben....my kids that have delays, like Maya, get very upset at their birth parents ....they blame the birth parents for having to cope with these delays...and it's not fair to Ben...Ben loves little kids..he's a great uncle....but he could never safely parent a child....they would just apprehend any offspring of Ben...and that would hurt him more. He accepts that this surgery has to be done. When you have delayed kids you not only have to protect them now but in the future also.
It's a hard call...but a necessary one.

Tomorrow, hubby and I are suppose to take my mom out for lunch...I hope she wants to go...when my brother wanted to take her out before Christmas she was upset cause the retirement home was having her favourite ....'liver and onions' ...ugh...and she was going to miss it...how anyone would get upset about missing liver is beyond me..but hey..each to their own....hubby and I've wanted to take her to this really nice restaurant for some time...in fact we wanted to take her and dad last Christmas but the dad became too ill to go....so...hopefully, tomorrow works just fine...I haven't told her yet ..I figured she'd just forget anyways....

So, ya...that's the things 'running through this old brain'.....for the next two weeks the kids are off...so to speak.....exams, the end of semester one, semester turn around and the beginning of semester two at the highschool...all take place in the next two weeks....if you're the praying type I would appreciate your consideration.....two weeks of Emma is really more that the mind can bear!

....oh...and hubby informed me yesterday that there's a really good chance that he'll be in Longbeach..ya, California...the first week of February for negotiations with work....he asked me if that thought would convince me to go to Bermuda...hmmmmmmm....

7 comments:

One More Equals Four said...

Okay...GO TO BERMUDA! I think it would be a great time for you...of course that is from someone who craves time alone and I have to think you would get at least some there!

Sorry you are having trouble finding a teen sitter...wish I was closer...we could just combine my four with yours and boy would there be some stories to tell! All the stress of finding someone will definitely be worth it when you are in HAWAII, though! I'm a bit jealous. I wonder if you could find a few people that would be willing to take just a day or two? I know that would be a little harder on the kids but it might make it easier to find people...just a thought!

Hope you have a lovely day with your hubby and that your momma will agree to go to lunch...I'm with you, missing a nice lunch for liver, yuck!

Have a great weekend!

mholgate said...

That's quite a lot you have going on there friend. It sounds to me like you could use the vacation.

Sorry to hear about your son. As always, I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Love,
MElissa

withpatience said...

I'm new and just stopping in with the Coffee girls--wow! sure sounds like there's a lot on your plate right now! What a comfort to know that the Lord has a plan in all of this and that he gives strength & comfort beyond comprehension! I too say "Go to Bermuda!" What a blessing to be with your mom on her last "hurrah!" trip and since your hubby will be gone anyway;-). . .

Anonymous said...

Never a dull moment. If you're not going to take the trip, can you send someone else in your place? ;)

Forgetfulone said...

Bermuda! I say you should go. It might be a nice break for you. Funny you mention Long Beach. My DH will be there a little later in February.

You have so much going on. I really have to admire what you said about the vasectomy. I don't know if they would do one here in the US, but like you said, it's probably best.

Will pray for your son and for you. Thanks for visiting me. I'm going to have to go watch that episode of yes/dress now! I have them all DVR'd. Half a million dollars? Incredible!

Katharine said...

So, can I vote for...Go to Bermuda!! It might be a nice time for you and your mom! I laughed when I read about the liver. My parents used to order liver and onions when we would go out for dinner,we kids thought they were crazy to look at a perfectly good menu and pick that!! How wonderful to be looking forward to Hawaii! Hopefully you can bring back some warmer weather!
Praying for your son and for someone to watch the teens!
Blessings on your week!

Jennibell said...

Nice stopping by to visit a fellow Company Girl! I hope you had a little rest and relaxation this weekend. . .sounds like you have a lot on your plate. The trips you are looking forward to though. . .WOW!!!! I wish the teen sitting was an easier thing. . .sigh.
Prayers out for you...hoping to read about some resolutions to some of these things next week!