Friday, December 3, 2010

Oi vey!

Good Morning Company Girls!

I hope that the ones that celebrated Thanksgiving last week had a wonderful time....these two pics are of William , he's our youngest grandson, and he turned one this week...yes, he really is that cute.....
This week I did a lot of driving and on one trip to take Maya back up north, which was on William's birthday, I was recalling the trip I made a year ago to witness his birth.... oh . my. goodness! Never have I ever been more scared in my life as I drove through a snow storm for over 45 minutes and I couldn't even see past the front of my van!!! It was just me, praying constantly, knuckle gripping the steering wheel and using those poles at the side of the road with the diamonds on them to guide me. Thankfully, in taking Maya home I just ran into some very light, hardly there, flurries.
So, this week is one that I'm very glad is over....too much driving..really, I don't mind's especially easy in my 'new to me' van.....but it was a lot and at gas prices..up to $1.12 a litre..(if you multiply that by 3.79 then you get how much that is per gallon, if you don't live in Canada that is), that to be said, when I took Ben for his shift on the Salvation Army 'bubble' or 'kettle'...whichever way you say the mall 25 minute drive away...I took a good book and sat in one of the comfy mall chairs and read while he did his 3 hour shift....if I could just figure out what to get my adult children then I could have been shopping...but....I hate shopping and so I hate just wandering aimlessly...thinking...'well, maybe they might like that'....good grief!
On Tuesday, Maya had the biggest adventure so far in her life, I think...she had to come down from up north because she had a specialist appointment on Wednesday morning at 9 a.m., hubby decided that taking the bus down into our area would be the way to go.....speaking of go...we have a fast transit system that involves bus and trains around our area called the GO system...good friends of ours, well the husband is a GO bus driver.....hubby talked to him and gave hubby the scoop on what Maya's suppose to involved her taking the bus so far and then getting on a train to come the rest of the way...she was nervous...I don't blame her...I'd have been nervous too...but I did the mommy thing and told her that she'd do great, that I'd be praying for her and that it was a great adventure!!! Inside I was thinking...oh my goodness!
She did just fine.....very pleased with herself...and so was this momma!
So, on Tuesday, before I picked Maya up, I had to take Ben to his kettle shift, then take Emma and Megan to another city, down the main highway about half an hour away, for an appointment that Emma had...then back home, drop the girls off then out to another city on the other side of ours to pick up Maya then back up to the mall to pick up Ben....all that took about 4-1/2 hours...non-stop, go, go, go.....did I tell you I just turned 60, I'm old people...too old for this stuff....
Then, the next day...took Maya into the city for her appointment...stopped to visit my mom ...home again for an hour then onto another appointment in the next town...finished that at 2p.m., drove Maya back up north, stopped long enough to use the facilities, grabbed a hot chocolate and donut at Tim Horton's, then drove back, getting home around 7 p.m.!!!
Yesterday, I went to the naturopath...she wanted to try this treatment on me,...called was kind of weird and I kind of wondered about it's validity since she didn't seem to be doing much...but, good grief..was I ever in pain by the afternoon! Then I had to take Emma to the church...her and I were attending a ladies Christmas dinner...I was eating and she was serving...(I was mildly surprised that she actually went!)...eldest daughter, Leslie also sang at was a lovely dinner..turkey with all the trimmings...haven't enjoyed having that done for me in years!
That brings us to appointments so to speak...but I do have to go and get some bloodwork done for the naturopath.....not my favourite thing to do...since I'm physically disable in my arms then they have to take the blood from my foot..ya, ouch! it has to be a fasting one so when hubby brought my tea this morning, I had to remind him that I couldn't have it...he knew but had, I'd better go and face the's the only way I'll get a cup of tea!!
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend...we plan on travelling north to have birthday celebrations with that cutie at the top of the screen...and his parents too, of course....then on Sunday after church, we plan on going and cutting down our Christmas tree at the tree farm...then in the evening, we plan on meeting with(just hubby and I) my siblings and spouses to celebrate my mom's 85th birthday!!!
Ya, tis the season! go, go, go....


One More Equals Four said...

Wow, I'm tired just reading about all of it...and I'm not 60 yet!

Hope all your blood work comes back clear. That baby is absolutely precious...I remember you posting about that trip a year ago, what a blessing!

Have a wonderful, and hopefully restful, weekend!

Anonymous said...

If that's not the cutest baby I've ever seen (besides my own ;) hehe)!

With all that driving around, I do hope that the traffic there is a lot better than here. It once took me 3 hours to get from San Francisco to my home across the Bay Bridge, which takes 30 minutes without traffic. Can't imagine having to do that commute every single day during rush hour.

Hope that you do get some rest when you can.

Jen said...

William is just a doll! I'll be praying the blood work comes back normal. Have a blast cutting down your fresh tree!

Jen said...

I put the monkey bread recipe up on my blog if you want to try it!

jennibell said...

Hi, thanks for visiting me! With nine children I guess you expect to stay busy, huh? Have a fabulous (and safe) weekend!!! LOVE the smell of fresh trees in the house :)