Friday, October 22, 2010

Thank you Jesus...

Good Morning Company Girls....

The last few mornings the Lord has brought a particular song to my mind....I find the Lord does that for me, especially in times of great emotional stress......when my dad died just five months ago, I had barely heard the news,and while in that hotel room in Chicago , the song that almost immediately filled my heart was one that I couldn't even remember singing or hearing for a very long time...in fact , I don't know when I did...maybe when I was a child....it was the chorus of the song that went something like this....

'I shall know Him, I shall know Him,
When redeemed by His side I shall stand,
I shall know Him, I shall know Him,
By the prints of the nails in His hands'

...and thru my tears and anguish I could visualize my dad standing by our Lord, smiling from ear to ear, no longer in horrible pain and I cried out....'are you there dad...are you standing with Jesus?....and immediately I had that assurance that indeed he was......

The last few days another song has come to mind....I shared it with my daughter-in-law because this week we found out that our unborn grandbaby was already with the Lord....please pray for my son Ryan and my daughter-in-law Jennifer as they struggle thru this time of despair, of walking thru the valley of shadows.....

The song that the Lord gave to me also speaks of our Redeemer...it was popular a few years back, sung by Nicole Mullins.....I've heard daughter Leslie sing it a few times.....it's a beautiful song with words that describe and remind us that when we try to limit God, try to put Him in a box that He's just so much greater than we could ever imagine...and even though we will not know the 'whys' this side of heaven that there is a 'why' and He is in control....

Who taught the sun to stand in the morning,........(it's shining this morning, as I type)
Who told the ocean that you can only come this far?
Who showed the moon where to hide til evening,
Whose words alone can catch a falling star?

Well, I know my Redeemer lives,
Yes, I know my Redeemer lives,
All of creation testify
This life within me cries
I know why my Redeemer lives....

The very God that spins things in orbit,
He runs to the weary , the worn and the weak ......(thank you Jesus, that's me)
And the same gentle hands that hold me when I'm broken
They CONQUERED death to bring me victory!!!

To take away my shame
And He lives forever I'll proclaim
That the payment for MY sin
Was the precious life He gave
But now He's alive
And there's an empty grave.


...lift your hands with me ladies and proclaim. even if our spirit is broken, we KNOW deep inside that we are being held up, we can go forward, we can testify......

AND I KNOW MY REDEEMER LIVES,
YES, I KNOW MY REDEEMER LIVES,
LET ALL CREATION TESTIFY
THIS LIFE WITHIN ME CRIES
THAT I KNOW MY REDEEMER LIVES....

...go to utube and listen to Nicole sing it...it's powerful ladies...you'll feel your heart soar thru your tears......as I think of my dad.....my unborn child Leah, my unborn grandbabies Hayden and now this little one...I'm so glad that Jesus is there...He's always been there, thru my doubt, thru my tears, thru my anguish.....

I know my Redeemer lives! Hallelujah....thank you Jesus....

10 comments:

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

What a lovely, heartfelt entry. And, what memories you brought back with the song, "We Shall Know Him." I have not thought of that song in literally years and what beautiful, beautiful words. And, the same can be said of "I Know My Redeemer Lives."

Blessings to you and your family as you walk through this "dark hour" and may our Lord sustain your family with the peace and comfort that only He can give.

Cindy Swanson said...

Oh, I've always loved that Nicole C Mullen song! I had the privilege of hearing her sing it in person at a convention in Nashville several years ago.

I totally empathize with you about losing your dad...mine passed away in 2004, and I miss him more than ever.
Blessings!

One More Equals Four said...

That song is AMAZING, one of my favorites. I am so sorry for your loss. God must have something absolutely amazing planned for our family because you have been through so much in the past year or so. You have been such a beautiful picture of faith in the hard times!

These words encouraged me during some tough times awhile back. Habakkuk 3:17-18. Hope they will encourage you.

Have a peaceful, restful, blessed weekend! Praying for you, friend!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post and for sharing the songs. Music speaks so powerfully when our hearts are full. (Two of my own babies went to heaven before birth.) May the Lord bless you!

Diane said...

I've long loved that Nicole C. Mullens song; it's what worship needs to be, the understanding of the unfathomable love God has for us, the incredible things He has done and continues to do.

I will pray for your family to be held in the palm of His hand as you grieve this little one.

CaptainConundrum said...

Amen, sister. What a powerful song, and what a powerful expession of faith through sorrow. I'm grieving with you on the loss of a little one, but reoicing in the knowledge that they will never feel pain or sorrow, but will live out eternity in the embrace of the Lamb!

Les said...

You gotta learn how to embed, ma.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpCaNBhK4S0&ob=av2n

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the song. Your family is in my prayers.

Katharine said...

"We shall know Him" was one of my mom's favorites. She passed away in 2007, and I know she is standing with the Father...free from pain. Thankyou for posting, I have been encouraged more than you know!
Blessings on your day!

Katharine said...

I couldn't find your e-mail for replying to the question about gingerbread cakes so I hope it's ok to post it here...
I really don't know what liquid you could substitute, although I am guessing that an apple cider might work? I was afraid to chance it so I went to the beer store and asked if they had any guiness in single cans. The nice man smailed and went to check in the back, asking if I wanted a bottle or a can. I said it really didn't matter, I just needed 1/2 cup for a recipe and I didn't want to buy a whole bunch.(I don't like beer at all and especially not guiness it's very strong!) He brought out a can... and didn't even charge me! He just said have a good Thanksgiving! I wouldn't have bought a case, because I wouldn't know what to do with it after (my husband doesn't like it either.) The cakes don't have any taste of the guiness, so I think the cider(being a bit thicker) might work?