Friday, January 9, 2009

A Day Off...

Hello Company Girls! Today was my day off and I had a lovely day if I do say so myself! My sister and I went to an Antique store where she was eyeing a buffet server that was quite nice.....pretty well what she was looking for..... I'm not a big antique person but it was nice to see some of the older things that seemed like they were from another era. Then we went to a little country type place that had lots of little things to look at and buy including half price Christmas things......I picked up an ornament for one of my grandkids for next Christmas and some Christmas napkins.....they have a little eating area where I indulged in some Apple Crisp and ice cream for lunch! All in all a lovely day.

Last night we took Tucker back to the chiropractor for another adjustment....I know, I know...ridiculous isn't it.....I just can't let him go without trying.....I mean other that not urinating properly he seems quite happy...eating, drinking, playing with our other dog Reilly...the diapers are getting tiring and expensive, so we can't keep this up forever but.....the chiropractor has found that his back (spine) indeed has been damaged and has probably caused the neurological problem that he's having......I'm just afraid that this has gone on for so long that he's forgotten that he needs to go outside to relieve himself...sigh.....what to do......it's hard to think of euthanizing him when he's running around, wagging his tail.

Well, hope everyone has a great weekend.

7 comments:

Carol said...

I am sorry that you are having such a difficult time with your dog. Keep us posted. Pets bring such joy into our lives.

Dani said...

I'm always impressed with people who buy things 1/2 off for next year's Christmas. I want to be like that so bad...but I always find myself simply saying that I continue to be impressed by people who do so. Ahhh, one day I'll shop early.

Unknown said...

Just stopped by. Thanks for dropping in. What a beautiful baby. We have bunches in common but I have one more grandchild than you.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day to me. I love hanging out with my sisters for a day. Nobody gets my jokes quite like they do.

Rachel Anne said...

I thought the Apple Crisp with ice cream sounded delightful! My mom always used to make apple crisp but I rarely (never) think about making it. I just go straight for the ice cream.

I picked up a couple of things for next Christmas, but I cheaped out of getting too much. I know I'll regret it next year....but oh well!

Anonymous said...

I am the worst shopper ever...meaning I don't go shopping if I can help it, but my sister did pick up some stuff at the after-Christmas sales. It beats paying original price a few days earlier. Good job!

Erin said...

Sounds like a perfect day. Yummy treats and deals to be found. I love shopping after Christmas, especially those specialty shops.