Saturday, July 5, 2014

A Holiday......I think......

Last weekend, we packed up our necessaries and drove to the trailer.....we are suppose to be here for two weeks......after the second or third day.....I TURNED OFF MY PHONE! Why? A certain daughter, who shall remain nameless, but is pregnant and living in a shelter,....kept texting me.....this was not turning into a holiday....it was home, away from home.....well, at least some were getting a rest......








So, our holiday hasn't been too bad.....the weather the first few days was lovely and warm...not too hot but the last couple of days turned quite cool....I found that I didn't have the proper clothes.....hubby, has turned into a fashionista and informed me that the slacks I was wearing, just light cotton ones....required sandals not warm socks and running shoes .....he says running shoes and socks are for jeans......'but I don't have any jeans', I said....'well, you'll just have to put up with the sandals'...'but my feet are cold', I whined.....he just grinned. Later that evening he sat beside me and as I settled my feet on his lap, he exclaimed...'Your feet are cold!' I said, 'well, what do you expect you wouldn't let me wear socks!' Men!!

Things are going well in our basement, well, at least they were when I left.....last week eldest son came and demolished half of the downstairs bathroom, put up walls on the other side of the basement, built me a pile of shelves for storage, drywalled everything, put walls back up in the bathroom....thank goodness, it was a little tricky using the toilet without walls around you! When we return home, we've a list a mile long of things that have to be accomplished downstairs before life returns to normal....wait, is life ever normal in my house....hmmmm....I think not....

I am looking forward though to having everything organized, the kids happily ensconced in their common room, downstairs ....that's the name I came up with....I think I remember hearing that name used when one if the kids lived in a dorm....hubby said in frustration one day, when trying to talk about said room...'what do we call this room anyway?' .... in a sheer moment of brilliance I announced 'The Common Room!'.....and thus it was...and is....And......having the main floor living room a place where hubby and I can go and watch tv or a movie without interruption.....well, they'll probably still be interruptions.....but....it'll be our space and the kids will have their space downstairs in a room especially built just for them! Sounds like a plan, doesn't it?!

Here's hoping it all comes together!...you know what they say about plans.....


~ Marie




No comments: