Friday, June 17, 2011

The Grandkids are coming!!!.....

The Grandkids Are Coming! The Grandkids Are Coming!!


Good Morning Company Girls! How are you doin'?

Many moons ago when eldest daughter became engaged she said...'do you mind if we use the same wedding date that you and dad have...June 16th?' we said 'no'...I mean we didn't have any copyright on that date or anything....but, unfortunately when the calendar was checked we found that the following year was a leap year and instead of the Saturday being the 16th, it was actually the 15th...eldest daughter was slightly disappointed but went with the 15th.....now, fast forward to when we both needed kids to be babysat just so we could go and have an anniversary dinner...and we would end up reciprocating for each other so we didn't have to pay a babysitter as well as expensive eating out costs....sort of a mutual babysitting club....now, my kids have outgrown the need for a babysitter (well, unless Emma gets herself in trouble and we have to have someone watch (guard) her).....but fortunately our little grandkids still need nana and papa to step in when mom and dad go away ...overnite...like they're doing today.....so....in a couple of hours Jairus,10...Honour 7-3/4,.....Verity 6,....and Afton 3....are coming to nana and papa's for a sleepover!!!

This has been an interesting week, since we returned from Hawaii, to say the least.....two days after we returned, I had a meeting with Emma's therapist......and with Emma present she told us that Emma acted the way she did because of the way Don and I parented her...um....We've parented approximately 25 kids in the last 36 years...so now they tell us we've done it all wrong...well, for goodness sake...please don't tell the rest of the kids...we could have a mutiny on our hands....in fact....people seem to be jumping ship....a phone message left while we were gone indicated that the social worker I meet with to pour out my troubles to and have used as a personal sounding board has gone on sick leave and will be gone indefinitely (no I didn't make her sick...the poor woman was recently diagnosed with MS...have you noticed that that seems to be happening a lot lately...a little scary).....then there was a lovely card in the mail that explained how the lady that has groomed my dogs....for over 20 years is moving 3 hours north of here and she really doesn't have anyone she could refer me to...ya...does the phrase 'being thrown under the bus' come to mind??

Yesterday, was our anniversary...please go back and read the last post to read about it....the day didn't exactly go as hubby and I had planned.....for one thing..he was teaching in the evening...which means he doesn't even come home here for supper on those days never mind us going out for supper.....so...we decided to meet for lunch.....I left home a little bit early so I could stop at a card store...to get him a card....which I did...and continued on my way....hubby works a distance away so I had to drive for a bit to meet him for lunch.....on the way, the high school called...(I almost didn't answer my cell phone...I just looked at the number and thought...'oh no, do I really want to answer this?)...but...I did...yes, indeed it was Emma...not well...in fact, lying on the floor of the cooking class room..unable to get up because of dizziness.....would I come and get her or they'd call an ambulance......well, my mother instincts thought that was a bit overkill ,..but....I thought that maybe I wasn't seeing the whole picture here...so, I turned around after calling hubby to cancel and went to the school. When I arrived they indeed had got her off the floor...the vice principal accusingly said to me...'she's not had any breakfast you know!'...what a shocker..really?.....like I'm suppose to do something about this....the girl will be 18 in November and is bigger than me...I'm suppose to spoon feed her? So, my diagnosis of the situation was this...she was dehydrated...hadn't eaten or drunk anything since 6 p.m. the night before...which she always does...(yes, I know..there goes my mother of the year award)......started feeling light headed and dizzy....started to hyperventilate and panic over it all which resulted in tingling in her finger tips and toes....so the teacher starts to panic....they think they have to call an ambulance when really after they found out that she hadn't eaten anything if they would just have had her drink some juice and eat a muffin (which they were shoving at her when I arrived)...we could have avoided all of this.....yes, I did get after Emma as we drove home..explaining to her that this was the problem when she didn't eat breakfast and didn't take a lunch.....I did reinforce to her that she had to at least drink more so this didn't happen again.....

....so, needless to say..there went lunch.....not anybodies fault mind you...but disappointing none the less.....hubby did send me an email later on that afternoon to tell me to be prepared..he was taking me out to supper on Saturday evening..after the grandkids leave...well,....they'll still be here for about an hour after we leave but we'll prevail upon Maya to keep an eye on them til their mom and dad return.....so...all is not lost but when hubby didn't come home last night til after 10:30pm..I said that I couldn't remember an anniversary that we had actually spent such little time together!

Well, I best go...the school just called...again...(do you think they have us on speed dial?) it would seem that Megan forgot her locker key...the teacher gave her the spare to use....which she promptly locked into her locker where here gym clothes and lunch are that she needs this morning.....good grief...

Have a great weekend ladies!!

2 comments:

Kathleen T. Jaeger said...

Never a dull moment! Have fun with the grandkids...

Anonymous said...

Ditto what Kathleen said!!