Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Megan

It's hard to see in this pic but that is Megan, catcher's position, this summer at Fair Havens, where we camp.

Well, I did it! I finally made the decision to homeschool Megan for the rest of the year. It was a difficult decision to make and I know some people don't agree with me doing it but I feel it's the right thing to do this year. Plus, I found out yesterday that it would only be for one year, not the two that I originally thought I'd be signing on for. It seems that because she's already 13 and should be in grade eight (she's in grade 7), she'll be able to go to highschool a year from now instead of two years. I've had many discussions with the resource teacher and they just do not have the Educational Assistance to help Megan this year in the way that she needs.....plus they cut her life skills program completely and the resource teacher says that's what she needs the most! Her reading skills are fair but her comprehension skills are nil, nada...not even there and probably never will be......so, that's what I'll be doing with her for the next few months...reading, comprehension, language, math.....and life skills...lots and lots of life skills.....


I think that this could be a very good year for Megan and I...a year to get to know each other even better (you may not know but Megan just came to live with us three years ago, and ya, I know her but.....)...something, that in the evenings when I'm driving her older siblings here, there and everywhere....is a little impossible.

No comments: