Friday, October 29, 2010

Goings on....

Good Morning Company Girls!

Well, it's been an interesting week but I'm determined only to speak of positive things today so ..here goes!

I'm thinking.........thinking........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........

okay...well, that's not happening......

...so, I'll stick to the facts... :0)

* today eldest daughter is leaving her family and flying to ...wait for this....TEXAS! ...all by herself!.....she even has a layover...somewhere.....I think she's a little concerned about travelling on her own ..but I know she'll handle it just fine....hey...she has four little kids..she can handle anything! She's flying into DFW to partake in a music workshop for her Musikgarten classes that she teaches...this will allow her to add a different age level to her teaching classes....

* this weekend, I believe is the cutoff date for applications/resumes to be handed into a college/university in our city that has a position that would be perfect for eldest son to teach. Now, we're just praying that the Lord thinks it's the perfect spot for Ryan also. Ryan has his own blog...it's for professional reasons...not a chatty one like mine...but I was very impressed with it......I'd hire him...but then I'm a tiny bit biased......you should go and look at it...(it's also got some really cute pics of my grandbaby).... http://ryandwettlaufer.blogspot.com/

*today, we need to go up to where we camp, where Maya, third eldest daughter is working...apparently they've decided to move the teams' base camp even further north......so, instead of her being 2-1/4 hours away...she'll be more like 3-1/2 hours and I don't know how to get there on my own.....where she is now is a piece of cake...I've been driving there for over 30 years...but the new place...well, I could get there but I'm not very comfortable about it.....she wants us to come and get her guitars (acoustic and bass plus amp cause she doesn't wants to take them to the new camp), plus she needs us to bring her snow pants...apparently it's suppose to be a very snowy and cold winter...she'll need them....

*plus side...Megan went to her friend's house last night for a sleep over...that means 24 hours of respite from Megan...woohoo! ...sounds awful I know, but people ..you have to live with her..take my word for it!

*a friend of mine, Kelly just finished 6 months of chemo and radiation therapy for breast cancer....Praise the Lord! She considers herself a survivor...I'm really happy for her!

*because eldest daughter is going away..guess what.....the job she does in the children's program every Sunday will be mine...... oh. my.goodness. To say I'm NOT looking forward to this would be an understatement.....she does what we call the opening in the program..a 45 minute slot of high energy, music filled, game time, Bible filled, ...well, you get the idea.....did you see the high energy...ladies, anyone that knows me knows that that is NOT ME!!! So, I'll definitely be out of my element!

* this week I got to take my mom too the dentist...I can add it to my resume....I have to take kids to the dentist, the pediadontist, the orthodontist, and oh yes, took Ben to the Oral surgeon this week...he needs to have one impacted wisdom tooth removed next month.....and now my mom.....she has to go back too cause some of her fillings are sooooo old, like 25-30 years ,that they stopped doing there work (protecting the tooth) and now she has cavities underneath...goodness, makes me wonder about my old fillings..let's just not go there....geesh!

*I'll leave you with one last thing...not trying to sound mysterious but there's a situation with my hubby that we need to get checked out...don't want to go into it cause all the kids don't know about it yet...maybe it's nothing but just the same I'll feel better (I hope) after the doctor's visit on Tuesday...maybe you could remember him in your prayers..his name is Don.....thank you.

So, I hope you all have a great weekend......we're getting into November.....had a wee bit of a panic this week because Christmas is sooooo close and I haven't done any shopping yet...Lord have mercy!

7 comments:

Aiming4Simple said...

Having so many changes at once is stressful. You must be a "plan ahead" kind of person. We still don't know who we will be hosting for American Thanksgiving in less than a month. =)

May the Prince of Peace guard your heart and mind as you serve in your different roles.

-Julia

Anonymous said...

Good morning! Wow, what a week for you. I stopped to pray for your hubby and for a fun Sunday morning in the Children's program.

I understand your need for respite... my bro-in-law has Rubella Syndrome, leaving him with hearing loss and symptoms of autism. It is a very real challenge to be patient with him, and your situation sounds even harder. Is there a regular respite-care service or ministry in your area?

Enjoy your weekend. Love ya!

Unknown said...

I'll be praying for you husband and I'm sure that your daughter will be just fine here in my great state of Texas! :)

As someone who write lesson plans (and doesn't teach them) for Christian Ed., I feel your pain. But, you know, God will fill you in all the ways you need to be filled so that you can lead His kids!

One More Equals Four said...

As always, you and your family are always in my prayers. I totally understand about being excited when one is gone for the night. I love my kiddos, but there are times...today was one of them BAD school day, I mean, look at area schools to see where else I can put them bad! I would have gladly sent one or more of them off! :)

Hope your daughter has fun in Texas. I actually love flying, and would prefer to do it by myself when I don't have to worry about getting others situated! As for having to do her job, UGH! I don't envy that!

Hope you can get a little time to yourself this weekend, blessings!

Katharine said...

I will be keeping your husband and family in my prayers this week...you have a lot on your plate! Thankfully we have a great God! I am so with you on the Christmas panic! No shopping done here either, but it will come!
Blessings on your day!

Anonymous said...

Said a prayer for you and your family. Hope you come bearing good news for us next week...also hoping for no rain for Trunk or Treat too.

Les said...

HA! High energy....where do you think I learned to do it from!?!